Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com> on 2007/10/03 20:59:01 UTC

Surefire Issues

Hey Everyone,

I have a quick question about this issue:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-315

I was just wondering what is keeping this issue from getting resolved?  I took a
look at the attached patch locally to see if there is a better way to solve the
problem, but there isn't doesn't seem to be an easy way to fix it cleanly.

If the patch is not acceptable as is, then if someone gives me a little
direction about what should be changed, I'd be happy to work on it.

Also, how can we speed up the process towards releasing surefire 2.3.1?  There
are a couple of issues that I would like to see resolved and released in there.

Thanks!

Re: Surefire Issues

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
It's GITed:

http://git.sonatype.org/

You can work on surefire on your own machine.

On 3 Oct 07, at 1:15 PM 3 Oct 07, Jason van Zyl wrote:

> On 3 Oct 07, at 11:59 AM 3 Oct 07, Paul Gier wrote:
>
>> Hey Everyone,
>>
>> I have a quick question about this issue:
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-315
>>
>> I was just wondering what is keeping this issue from getting
>> resolved?  I took a look at the attached patch locally to see if
>> there is a better way to solve the problem, but there isn't
>> doesn't seem to be an easy way to fix it cleanly.
>>
>> If the patch is not acceptable as is, then if someone gives me a
>> little direction about what should be changed, I'd be happy to
>> work on it.
>
> Do you want me to GIT Surefire so you can work on it on your side?
>

>> Also, how can we speed up the process towards releasing surefire
>> 2.3.1?  There are a couple of issues that I would like to see
>> resolved and released in there.
>>
>> Thanks!

> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> jason at sonatype dot com

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Re: Surefire Issues

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 3 Oct 07, at 1:26 PM 3 Oct 07, Paul Gier wrote:

> I can fix it locally without any problem using a copy from svn.
> But I was hoping to get it fixed in the upstream code.  Would using
> GIT help with this?

If it's a simple fix probably not. If you have to do any work then
yes. You work on your copy, I pull from you, and then apply to
apache. No patches.

> I mainly wanted to check with other people who have looked at this
> issue (maybe Brett or Carlos?) to maybe discuss what is the best
> way to fix it.
>
> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>> On 3 Oct 07, at 11:59 AM 3 Oct 07, Paul Gier wrote:
>>> Hey Everyone,
>>>
>>> I have a quick question about this issue:
>>> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-315
>>>
>>> I was just wondering what is keeping this issue from getting
>>> resolved?  I took a look at the attached patch locally to see if
>>> there is a better way to solve the problem, but there isn't
>>> doesn't seem to be an easy way to fix it cleanly.
>>>
>>> If the patch is not acceptable as is, then if someone gives me a
>>> little direction about what should be changed, I'd be happy to
>>> work on it.
>> Do you want me to GIT Surefire so you can work on it on your side?
>>>

>>> Also, how can we speed up the process towards releasing surefire
>>> 2.3.1?  There are a couple of issues that I would like to see
>>> resolved and released in there.
>>>
>>> Thanks!

>> Thanks,
>> Jason

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Re: Surefire Issues

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.

Re: Surefire Issues

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On 3 Oct 07, at 11:59 AM 3 Oct 07, Paul Gier wrote:

> Hey Everyone,
>
> I have a quick question about this issue:
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-315
>
> I was just wondering what is keeping this issue from getting
> resolved?  I took a look at the attached patch locally to see if
> there is a better way to solve the problem, but there isn't doesn't
> seem to be an easy way to fix it cleanly.
>
> If the patch is not acceptable as is, then if someone gives me a
> little direction about what should be changed, I'd be happy to work
> on it.

Do you want me to GIT Surefire so you can work on it on your side?

> Also, how can we speed up the process towards releasing surefire
> 2.3.1?  There are a couple of issues that I would like to see
> resolved and released in there.
>
> Thanks!

Jason

Jason van Zyl