Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by NashCat <st...@lifeway.com> on 2011/07/28 21:18:25 UTC

After failover the Master has a bunch of bogus queues

We had a failover to the slave, after we failed back to the original master
there are a bunch of new bogus queues. Some of the queues are variations on
FOO.BAR some are just special characters, etc...   many of them look like
they were temp queues.  There are about 100 of there bogus queues. Has
anyone seen this happen before?  Also, We do not use FOO.BAR in development
or test. None of these look like something we had used before. Here are some
examples:

.FOO.BAR.swp
.FOO.BAR812485625.swp
.FOO.non-existant-1118595138.swp
Q.USR.T.NotifyCustomerPartyMaster.~1~  (Q.USR.T.NotifyCustomerPartyMaster is
a valid queue)
.DLQ.T.SyncItemMaster1490504133.swp
ADw-script AD4-alert(202) ADw-/script AD4-
%68%74%74%70%3a%2f%2fwww.example.com

Re: After failover the Master has a bunch of bogus queues

Posted by helloyulka <yu...@gmail.com>.
I have same problem too. NashCat aswered me on email :
"We had a PCI scan that was hitting all of our web applications, including
the ActiveMQ admin webapp. The PCI scan was hitting every link on the pages
and creating a bunch of queues/topics"

Thank your very much and good luck !

Re: After failover the Master has a bunch of bogus queues

Posted by NashCat <st...@lifeway.com>.
Dejan, Thanks for your response. I will look into that scenario but I think
that is unlikely since we are behind the firewall AND the PCI firewall.
Also, this is not the first time this has happened.

Re: After failover the Master has a bunch of bogus queues

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Never seen something like this. It looks like someone tried to hack your
broker (probably over http)

Regards
Blog - http://www.nighttale.net

Posted by NashCat <st...@lifeway.com>.
We are using ActiveMQ 5.4.2 in a Shared JDBC Master/Slave