Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by asianCoolz <se...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/06 11:42:20 UTC

clientsidevalidation call custom javascript function

on tapestry 4 when clientsidevalidation is executed and a pop up overlay dialog
appeared. can i call my custom javascript function at the same time?

Re: clientsidevalidation call custom javascript function

Posted by Kiss Izolda <iz...@freemail.hu>.
Hi,

I solved this problem by preventing the "overlay loading animation" when the client validation finds any error:

  var validationError = false;
  frmForm.getElements().each(function(fieldElement) {
    var fieldEventManagerOfElement = $T(fieldElement).fieldEventManager;
    if (fieldEventManagerOfElement != undefined) {
      var fieldElementValidationError = fieldEventManagerOfElement.validateInput();
      if (fieldElementValidationError) {
        validationError = true;
      }
    }
  });
  if (!validationError) {
    // display the "overlay loading animation"
  }

Izolda

asianCoolz <se...@yahoo.com> wrote:
the reason i want to do this is because i have "overlay loading animation" that
block page UI whenever submit button is clicked. but at the same time, tapestry
will show clientsidevalidation pop up overlay box. I want to call custom
javascript function so that it will close my "overlay loading animation"

Re: clientsidevalidation call custom javascript function