Posted to jdo-user@db.apache.org by "ozvena@gmail.com" <oz...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/19 23:34:51 UTC

PersistenceManagerFactory configuration for flat-file database

Hello,

I can't find any information about how to configure
PersistenceManagerFactory for flat-file database.

Your help is appreciated!

Re: PersistenceManagerFactory configuration for flat-file database

Posted by David Ezzio <da...@ezzio.us>.
Hi Ozvena,

I think you'll find that HSQL also store it data in human readable
format for some table types.  If that satisfies your needs, then
DataNucleus will definitely do the job for you as I believe it supports
HSQL.

Cheers,

David

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org>.
> I will look at DataNucleus to see if it supports plain simple flat-file DB.

I dunno what is "simple flat file DB", and don't really like the idea of
inventing our own DB (there must be enough DB's around already :-) ), so if
we reuse existing ones there are, at least,
* HSQLDB option that David already mentioned,
* ODF (the ISO document format used by OpenOffice/KOffice) which is basically
XML so is user-editable.
* XML itself
* JSON - also user-editable

These options are all supported by DataNucleus

--
Andy  (DataNucleus - http://www.datanucleus.org)

Re: PersistenceManagerFactory configuration for flat-file database

Posted by "ozvena@gmail.com" <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthew,

Posted by Matthew Adams <ma...@matthewadams.me>.
Hi ozvena,