Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/12 10:30:16 UTC

Notes On orgapachejames-002 [WAS Re: [VOTE] Release protocols 1.4 and mailets-standard 1.1

Some notes (not necessarily blockers for me)

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Norman Maurer
<no...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> standard-mailets 1.1:
>
> Review url:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejames-002

1. Target JDK

(FTR I'm comfortable with moving all new releases to 1.6)

Target JDK[1] is 1.5 but release is compiled with 1.6.0_24. I wondered
whether the aim was to build a 1.5 release with the 1.6 compiler
(which I'm comfortable with BTW) or just an oversight about target-jdk
in the pom (which wouldn't be a blocker for me for this release).

(Mutters something about remembering to get round to building
"X-target-jdk" into all MANIFESTs...)

2. Commons-Codec dependency

The organisational and license meta-data for commons-codec seems to be
missing.  Not a blocker for me since it's Apache licensed from the
ASF.

Robert

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/james/mailet/standard/trunk/pom.xml

Re: Notes On orgapachejames-002 [WAS Re: [VOTE] Release protocols 1.4 and mailets-standard 1.1

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 8:07 PM, Norman Maurer
<no...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I guess thsi should be fixed in next release. Would you mind open a bugreport ?

Done

I can't find a JIRA project for protocols.

(Do I need to make one?)

Robert

Re: Notes On orgapachejames-002 [WAS Re: [VOTE] Release protocols 1.4 and mailets-standard 1.1

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Hi there,

I guess thsi should be fixed in next release. Would you mind open a bugreport ?

Thanks,
Norman