Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by alartin <al...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/11 08:25:53 UTC

Solr web service available?

Hi all,

 I wonder is there a solr web service available? or I have to use tools like
Apache httpClient to send requests and get responses? Many thanks.

Re: Solr web service available?

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Apr 11, 2007, at 2:25 AM, alartin wrote:
>  I wonder is there a solr web service available? or I have to use
> tools like
> Apache httpClient to send requests and get responses? Many thanks.

There currently is no SOAP interface to Solr, if that is what you mean.

However, many consider data over HTTP a (lower-cased) "web service" :)

We are open to having a SOAP interface being contributed.  I can see
it being handy in some cases.  Even an XML-RPC interface would be
useful.

	Erik