Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sa...@wellsfargo.com on 2015/07/24 14:36:21 UTC

suggest coding platform

Hi all,

I tried Notebook Incubator Zeppelin, but I am not completely happy with it.
What do you people use for coding? Anything with auto-complete, proper warning logs and perhaps some colored syntax.

My platform is on linux, so anything with some notebook studio, or perhaps a windows IDE with remote ssh capabilities?

Thanks,
Saif

Re: suggest coding platform

Posted by Guillermo Cabrera <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Saif:

There is also the Spark Kernel which provides you the auto-complete,
logs and syntax highlighting for scala on the notebook (ex. jupyter)

https://github.com/ibm-et/spark-kernel

There was a recent meetup that talked about it in case you are
interested in the technical details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AX6g0tK-us

All the best,
Guillermo