Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by dreamkota web design <dr...@live.com> on 2012/11/28 06:15:28 UTC

Introduction

My name is Andrew Allen. I have an Associate's Degree in Business Management which included a lot of training in marketing.
I am interested in this project because I have been managing my own web design firm for a couple of years now and I use open source software in my operations as much as possible. GIMP, Inkscape, and Audacity are some of the programs that I have been using. Many of my websites are built on the open-source platform Drupal.

RE: Introduction

Posted by dreamkota web design <dr...@live.com>.
>The logo of OpenOffice looks too simple. Can you iprove the same?
I'm not sure "too simple" is how I would describe the current logo. I agree that it needs to change; it just doesn't look very modern. The current trend is actually to simplify logos, in a sense. Microsoft's Windows 8 logo is one example. Google Chrome's current icon is another example.

RE: Introduction

Posted by dreamkota web design <dr...@live.com>.
Bitmap: http://www.dreamkota.com/openoffice/ooologo.png
Vector: http://www.dreamkota.com/openoffice/ooologo.svg
These links are the same logo, but one is a vector graphic. Usually when I do logo work the client wants a vector graphic as they can be resized to any size and still look good. Vector graphics can be repurposed for something as small as an icon or as large as a billboard on the side of a skyscraper, or a print ad in a magazine.

Re: Introduction

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
The logo at this link
http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=107&p=254779 looks
better. .png file will be fine with me. I have gimp to open / modify

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480

Re: Introduction

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

RE: Introduction

Posted by dreamkota web design <dr...@live.com>.

Re: Introduction

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
I am also one of the volunteer. Thanks for sharing your expertise. Have  a
look at the home page of openoffice website. Your comments are welcome for
the improvement in the feel, look, usability of the home page. The logo of

Re: Introduction

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 11:15 PM, dreamkota web design
<dr...@live.com>wrote:

> My name is Andrew Allen. I have an Associate's Degree in Business
> Management which included a lot of training in marketing.
> I am interested in this project because I have been managing my own web
> design firm for a couple of years now and I use open source software in my
> operations as much as possible. GIMP, Inkscape, and Audacity are some of
> the programs that I have been using. Many of my websites are built on the
> open-source platform Drupal.

Excelent we are looking for some art enhacements on the new branding
proposal for openoffice, maybe this is something you would like to be
involved. Please check our wiki in order to contribute:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Branding+Planning

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor