Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Bill Tribley <bi...@tribley.us> on 2006/03/24 06:02:04 UTC

Attached File Not Posting

Apache 2.2, Tomcat 5.5, J2SDK 1.5.06, roller-2.1.1
I posted an entry with a smiley and a jpeg image as draft using BlogJet. Both uploads are in the tomcat user home directory with world-readable permissions. The message showed up in the Draft folder (I never post from BlogJet direct, always draft, then adjust category, add title and publish within the Roller site). I published it, the color changed from yellow to white, I got the published message, I can search for and find text in the message but the blog entry does not appear. The attached files are preventing display somehow.
Anyone else seen this? Will 2.2 fix it?
Thanks in advance,
Bill

Re: Attached File Not Posting

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
Bill:

I haven't tried posting using BlogJet, but here are some things to check
to help narrow down the problem:

(1) The uploaded images should be in the directory that you configured
as the uploads.dir in the roller.properties file, under a subdirectory
that is your blog handle name.  Check.

(2) Login directly to Roller using the normal web interface and  find
the entry listed on Roller directly.  If you find it there, edit the
entry directly on Roller to see the entry text using the plain editor
(editor-text.jsp).  Check the img tags.  Make sure the src URLs look
correct.  They should have the form
http://yourhost/yourrollerapp/resources/yourbloghandle/filename, or the
relative URL form of that. Correct them if necessary.  Try removing the
img tags, publishing, and seeing if the entry appears.  This will help
narrow down the problem.  If you have size parameters on the img tag,
make sure they match the actual size of the image.  I encountered a bug
with this behavior in Firefox with incorrect size parameters on JPG
images causing the whole page to go blank.

Let us know how this goes.  Thanks,

--a.