Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by John Rudd <jr...@ucsc.edu> on 2006/12/19 09:39:54 UTC

Re: {Spam?} Re: Botnet 0.7 soon

Phil Barnett wrote:
> On Monday 18 December 2006 20:16, John Rudd wrote:
>> New things:
>
> <Snippo of neat things that were added>
>
>> I think that's everything...
>>

>> Just need another day or two of testing before I release it.
>
> One thing I noticed from the previous version was there was no mention of
> version numbers anywhere in the package. Not in the name, not in the files.
>
> That makes it difficult to determine if we need to upgrade because there's no
> way to tell where we are.

Yeah, actually, that's a minor thing I added.  There's now a "my
$VERSION" variable in Botnet.pm, and if you do a spamassassin -D,
there's a debug message saying what version it is.  Maybe I'll add an
API command for it as well, so that Botnet.pl gives it as part of its
output.  And maybe put it into the test_log message as well.

> Also, did you fix the over 50 character description that was breaking the
> spamassassin --lint command? I changed it from the text you had to
>
> describe        BOTNET  Orig mail server looks like part of a Botnet
>
> That stopped spamassassin --lint from complaining.

Yes.  I've shortened that description, as well.

> I really like what BOTNET is doing for my SA installation. Thanks and keep up
> the good work!

Thanks!