Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by ganesh H D <ga...@sigmainfo.net> on 2008/11/21 13:49:47 UTC

Indexing Open office documents

Hi,

I have been working on Apache Lucene from past 3 days. I tried to deploy the
sample application which we get from lucene distribution. its working
absolutely fine. It's indexing all type files like .pdf, .Xml, .java , .txt
etc.....its also indexing open office documents also. but when i search for
the words of open office documents, its not showing the exact result. later
i come to know that open office documents are ZIP archives that contain XML
files. we need to uncompress the file using Java's ZIP support, then parse
meta.xml to get title etc. and content.xml to get the document's content.
But i couldn't get much information about this issue. please help me to
solve this issue.

regards,
ganesh

RE: Indexing Open office documents

Posted by ganesh H D <ga...@sigmainfo.net>.
Hi,
open office documents are getting indexed but when i search for the words of
those documents i am not seeing the correct result.

regards,
ganesh

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by ganesh H D <ga...@sigmainfo.net>.