Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Maxim Mikheev <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/10 21:32:45 UTC

How to build Ambari 1.3.0

Hi Everyone,

Our company are developing an open source platform based on Hadoop v2
(with yarn, security...). Including Ambari is in our plans. There is a
huge chance that we will be a contributor for this project.

Is it possible to get manual how to build and install Ambari 1.3.x?
The manual which I found (
http://incubator.apache.org/ambari/install.html) is outdated.

Regards,
     Max

Re: "ambari-server setup" exit with error on Amazon with "Amazon Linux AMI 2013.03"

Posted by Maxim Mikheev <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yusaku,

I resolved an issue.
The problem is in Amazon AMI.
chkconfig iptables off - didn't work also, in the same time iptables -l
provides list of active filters.

Amazon AMI split iptables into two packages and one is not installed by
default.
The solution was to install "iptables-services"

Thanks,
     Max

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Max,

Re: How to build Ambari 1.3.0

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Maxim,

Please check out
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Ambari+Development.
Also, the Wiki has design documents, coding guidelines, etc, that you may
find useful.

Yusaku

Re: Version 1.3.1

Posted by Maxim Mikheev <mi...@gmail.com>.