Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Jan Torben Heuer <jt...@mail2003.dnsalias.org> on 2007/08/02 20:07:27 UTC

How and where does xmlbeans save attributes?

Hi,

I try to understand how xmlbeans works (and why it is so difficult to
serialize it..).

As far as I can see a generated source for an xml-element does not contain
any fields, right?

An example set-Method looks like this:

        /**
         * Sets the "service" attribute
         */
        public void setService(java.lang.String service)
        {
            synchronized (monitor())
            {
                check_orphaned();
                org.apache.xmlbeans.SimpleValue target = null;
                target =
(org.apache.xmlbeans.SimpleValue)get_store().find_attribute_user(SERVICE$0);
                if (target == null)
                {
                    target =
(org.apache.xmlbeans.SimpleValue)get_store().add_attribute_user(SERVICE$0);
                }
                target.setStringValue(service);
            }
        }

so, what is (org.apache.xmlbeans.SimpleValue)get_store() ?

Can someone summarize how the storage procedure works?

Thanks,

Jan