Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sriram Narayanan <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/09 14:53:22 UTC

Please provide more information (Was: New User Questions)

Hi Eric,

Could you please elaborate "could not get TC to build at all" ?

Also, please mention info on the following points:
-> What release you've downloaded
-> Whether you've installed Ant properly
-> Whether you've downloaded all the packages/projects mentioned in the build related documents.
-> Your OS
-> The Java VM you are using
-> The steps you've followed to build
-> What works and what doesn't

While I've never built Tomcat myself, I just may be able to spot something.

Also, there are scores of other developers here who've built Tomcat, and have received help on troubleshooting their Tomcat builds.

REgards,

Sriram