Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Sreepathi <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/08 10:48:47 UTC

HTTP Post

Hello,

I have a pig script which does aggregation of some data from time to time.
This is scheduled in oozie has a pig action. Is there a possibility that I
can do a HTTP post at the end of computation in my pig script ? Should I
write a UDF here ?

--
*Regards,*
--- *Sreepathi *

Re: HTTP Post

Posted by Serega Sheypak <se...@gmail.com>.
Better to implement it using Java action in oozie. Oozie java action is
implemented as single map task.
http://oozie.apache.org/docs/3.2.0-incubating/WorkflowFunctionalSpec.html#a3.2.7_Java_Action

Or your aim is to cause DoS after computation is finished :) ?
Anyway it's better to separate processing logic and notfication logic