Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> on 2013/10/26 04:57:10 UTC

Apache Stratos (incubating) 4.0.0-M1 Status

Hi All,

We have now created an Amazon EC2 instance with all the latest binary
packages of Load Balancer, Cloud Controller, Auto-Scaler and CEP Extension.
A PHP cartridge was created using the new Cartridge Agent.

At the moment we are going through the complete flow by fixing integration
issues being found.

*Work Flow Items Done:*
- All modules are now communicating properly via the message broker.
- Cartridge definitions get deployed properly.
- Stratos Controller is working as expected. A tenant user could subscribe
to a cartridge using this.
- Cartridge Agent is properly publishing instance status events to the
message broker.
- Cloud Controller is properly publishing topology events to the message
broker.
- Load Balancer is receiving topology events and updating its topology data
structure.

*Work Flow Items Missing:*
- Real-time Event Processing Engine integration is not done.
- Cartridge Agent is not deploying the artifacts. We need to update the
payload.zip.
- Auto-Scaler is not spinning up instances since Real-time Event Processing
Engine integration is missing.

Team: Please update if I have missing any other points.

Thanks
Imesh

Re: Apache Stratos (incubating) 4.0.0-M1 Status

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Thanks Nirmal, no problem.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nirmal Fernando <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.
Hi Luca,

Thanks for bringing this up.
Hope you mean a connection like database cartridge for an application
cartridge.

E.g. PHP cartridge depends on Mysql cartridge.

If the PHP cartridge connect Mysql cartridge directly(not though LB) we
will not receive LB statistics to Autoscaler. But it receive load average
and memory consumption though cartridge agent placed inside instance.
So the Autoscaler knows the load of both PHP and Mysql cartridges and
handles it.

Do we still consider this dependency at rules(i might missing some points)?

Thanks.

Posted by Luca Martini <lm...@cisco.com>.
Lahiru,

Posted by Lahiru Sandaruwan <la...@wso2.com>.