Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Rouvinez, Jean-Claude" <Je...@ipi.ch> on 2008/12/17 17:31:34 UTC

Maven and JBoss

Hi,

I want to do the following:
 - Start a Jboss 5 App Server located on a remote server.
 - Stop a Jboss 5 App Server located on a remote server.
 - Deploy artifacts on a Jboss 5 App Server on a remote server.
 - Deploy artifacts on a locally installed Jboss 5 App Server.

I had a look at:
 - http://cargo.codehaus.org/Home
 - http://mojo.codehaus.org/jboss-maven-plugin/

Cargo:
I didn't find out how to start/stop a remote server. It only starts a
local instance of Jboss.

Jboss Maven Plugin:
I didn't find out how to start/stop a remote Jboss 5 App Server
I didn't find out how to start/stop a locally installed Jboss 5 App
Server

The documentation concerning Cargo and the Jboss Maven Plugin is not
very helpful...

Does anybody have the same problems? How did you solve them?
Does anybody know helpful links?

Any help is very appreciated

Best Regards
J.-Claude

RE: Maven and JBoss

Posted by "Durbha, Praveen (GE Healthcare)" <Pr...@ge.com>.
I used the maven ant run plugin to ftp the build artifacts(WARs) into a
remote jboss server..only pre-requisite for this is that you need to
have an FTP server set up on the remote machine...

Hope this helps!

Thanks