Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by ne...@mediaone.net on 2000/11/30 02:49:55 UTC

no such file or directory

Hi People

I have this mysterious problem of my mod_perl scripts
giving errors like no such file or directory
when I know for a fact that files and directory are there.

The files are berkeley db file.  The problems first show
up in the midst of doing multiple recompiling and reinstallation
of mod_perl and apache.  They mysteriously disappeared after repeatedly invoking
the scripts.  However today I attempted changed one of my supposedly
obselete dbmopen functions to tie functions and they came right back.

So I immediately reinstall  the old version. The problems is still
there

All I did was change
	dbmopen %A,'file',0644

	use DB_File;
	tie %A,'file.db'....

They work fine on the command line. I have mod_perl 1.24_01 apache 1.3.14 linux
2.2.17.  I can post more info if necessary

Thanks

Re: no such file or directory

Posted by ne...@mediaone.net.
Actucally 'file' has always been  '/full/path/to/file' because
my path in most of my scripts are empty and
I have the taintcheck on.  Besides they were working under
mod_perl for a full week.

It's weird that I can now make them work by converting every dbmopen to tie.
It seems that perl suddenly decides not to like dbmopen function any more.
This function still works for other scripts not running as
httpd though.

Re: no such file or directory

Posted by "G.W. Haywood" <ge...@www.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hi there,