Posted to commits@couchdb.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/12/01 22:47:35 UTC

[Couchdb Wiki] Trivial Update of "FUQ" by DaveCottlehuber

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Couchdb Wiki" for change notification.

The "FUQ" page has been changed by DaveCottlehuber:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/FUQ

Comment:
The answers will come in the next few weeks --- oooh the suspense!!

New page:
<<Include(EditTheWiki)>>

= Frequently Unasked Questions =

On IRC and the Mailing List, these are the Questions People should have asked to help them stay Relaxed.

== Documents ==

 1. Why should I generate my own UUIDs?
 1. What is the benefit of using the _bulk_docs API instead of PUTting single documents to CouchDB?
 1. Why can't I use MVCC in CouchDB as a revision control system for my docs?

== Replication ==

 1. What is the difference between PULL and PUSH replication?
 1. Why do I need to permit deleted docs in validation functions?
 1. How do compaction and purging impact replication?

== Views ==

 1. In a view, why should I not {{{emit(key,doc)}}} ?
 1. What happens if I don't ducktype the variables I am using in my view?
 1. Does it matter if my map function is complex, or takes a long time to run?

== Tools ==

 1. I decided to roll my own !CouchApp tool or !CouchDB client in <myfavouritelanguage>. How cool is that?