Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bob Wilson <bw...@hotmail.com> on 2001/08/24 18:16:36 UTC

server.xml code insert....

I am using TOMCAT 3.2.3 and everything seems to be running fine however in
the documentation regarding configurations to TOMCAT for auto-generating web
server config files, I noticed it says to add the following code after the
<AutoWebApp ... /> module in the server.xml.  Here is the code...

  Apache mod_jk config:    <ApacheConfig />
         Def conf file:    conf/auto/mod_jk.conf
      Def workers file:    conf/jk/workers.properties

In my server.xml file I do not have an entry for <AutoWebApp ... />
anywhere.  The question I have is...Is this something that should have been
in the file from the beginning when I unpacked it or was this <AutoWebApp
... />  something that I had to manually configure??  If I do have to
configure this, would anyone have any instructions on how to do so and
possibly explain 'why' this has to be done??

Thanks,
Bob Wilson.