Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Pramodh Peddi <pp...@IMPRIVATA.com> on 2004/12/03 00:21:55 UTC

Apache Soap vs Axis

My company is trying to make the product more scalable. We are using
Apache Soap right now. So, we are considering migrating from Soap to
Axis as one of the important sources to enhance the
scalability/performance of the product.

Can anyone provide any official documentation on how better a
performance can Apache Axis give compared to Apache Soap? Googling
around gave me many links saying the same, but it would be easy for me
to convince my co-workers/boss.

Can anyone provide (or refer to) any application implemented in Axis and
also in Soap, which can be used to compare performances of both? And is
there any official Apache Axis documentation which explains how to
migrate from Apache soap to Apache Axis when using MessageRouter
implementation.

Are there any good tools in the market to test (load test) the web
services applications. I found one:
http://www.mindreef.com/products/overview.html, but wondering is there
are any others.

We currently use MessageRouter implementation in Apache Soap. Any one
has any suggestions on this while migrating from Soap to Axis.

Thanks in advance! I appreciate the help.

Pramodh Peddi

Software Engineer

v 781-674-2738

f  781-674-2760

www.imprivata.com <http://www.imprivata.com/>

People are talking about OneSign:

"We were spending 35% of our IT time on password-related issues, says
Paula Chesbrough, CIO of Eagle Bank in Everett, Mass. "We've reduced
that workload to 10%."  Network World, 8/9/04
<http://www.imprivata.com/signature2>

"Imprivata Quells Management Burdens"
<http://www.imprivata.com/signature1>

CRN, 8/9/04 <http://www.imprivata.com/signature1>