Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by sa...@in.safenet-inc.com on 2005/07/04 05:47:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Run Apache in reverse and forward proxy mode

Hi,
    I have Apache 2.0.53 running as reverse proxy with a number of virtual
hosts. I need to run it as forward proxy for one of the websites. How can I
configure it as forward proxy for a single website and keep it running as
reverse proxy for already configured virtual hosts.
regards,
satinder

Re: [users@httpd] Run Apache in reverse and forward proxy mode

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 7/3/05, satinders@in.safenet-inc.com <sa...@in.safenet-inc.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>     I have Apache 2.0.53 running as reverse proxy with a number of virtual
> hosts. I need to run it as forward proxy for one of the websites. How can I
> configure it as forward proxy for a single website and keep it running as
> reverse proxy for already configured virtual hosts.

Put the ProxyRequests directive inside the appropriate <virtualHost>.
You can also scope <Proxy> blocks inside <VirtualHost> containers to
restrict your application.

(However, your descrition of running a forward proxy for one website
is a little vague.  You may need to better describe what you intend to
do.)

Joshua.