Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Mark McGettrick <mg...@chromavoid.com> on 2002/02/21 06:00:16 UTC

Question regarding usage of SoapAccessBean

Hey all,

I'm developing a portlet to access a Soap resource and i'm getting an
interesting error: " No Serializer found to serialize a
'org.apache.soap.rpc.Parameter' using encoding style 'iso-8859-1'."

I'm having a hard time figuring out what a valid value is for the
"encoding". I've searched the archives and come up empty...

any thoughts?

-mark

Re: Question regarding usage of SoapAccessBean

Posted by Mark McGettrick <mg...@chromavoid.com>.
On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 11:41, Paul Spencer wrote:
> Mark,
> This looks like a SOAP question.  Please look to the SOAP or AXIS
> projects for help on this one.

this product and specifically the SoapAccessBEan are giving me the
problem though. There is an answer on Soap lists but it involves
changing parameters that I do not have access to via the SoapAccessBean
API. i figured since it seems to just not work someone might have had a
similar problem, anyone?

Posted by Mark McGettrick <mg...@chromavoid.com>.
On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 12:10, David Sean Taylor wrote:
> Mark,
>
> The SOAP in Jetspeed currently doesn't use the SoapAccess bean classes.
> My intent was to take my SOAP calls and convert them to SoapAccess beans
> and AXIS.
> The SoapBean classes were donated by Scott Roehrig.
>
> For now, we have the StockQuoteService using plain SOAP calls without
> the aid of AXIS or any other SOAP toolkit.
> Will be restarting this subproject (and registries) soon

thanks for the info! :-)

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Mark,

The SOAP in Jetspeed currently doesn't use the SoapAccess bean classes.
My intent was to take my SOAP calls and convert them to SoapAccess beans
and AXIS.
The SoapBean classes were donated by Scott Roehrig.

For now, we have the StockQuoteService using plain SOAP calls without
the aid of AXIS or any other SOAP toolkit.
Will be restarting this subproject (and registries) soon

David

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Mark,