Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au> on 2003/05/19 09:33:35 UTC

mm.mysql on ibiblio - illegal in JAR dep

Hi,

Due to the extension mechanism metadata in JARs, mm.mysql is an invalid
artifact name.

Since this is the only offender, can this be renamed to mm-mysql on
ibiblio and '.' made illegal in an artifactId/groupId?

I know this might break builds which is a pain, but I'm not sure what
the better alternative is as that is invalid in a JAR:

java.io.IOException: invalid header field name: mm.mysql-Extension-Name
         at java.util.jar.Attributes.read(Attributes.java:362)

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Brett

--
Web Developer
f2 network ~ everything essential

Re: mm.mysql on ibiblio - illegal in JAR dep

Posted by Ben Walding <de...@walding.com>.
I have copied mm.mysql to mm-mysql, and renamed the artifacts appropriately.

Now stop using it so it can be removed one day!  (this will ultimately
break when we move to a hierarchical directory structure that is
predicated on using . in groupIds to set the structure - ala java packages)

Cheers,

Ben

Posted by Ben Walding <de...@walding.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <bp...@f2network.com.au>.
Sorry, I was too broad.

Posted by Martin Skopp <sk...@riege.de>.
On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 09:33, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Due to the extension mechanism metadata in JARs, mm.mysql is an invalid
> artifact name.
>
> Since this is the only offender, can this be renamed to mm-mysql on
> ibiblio and '.' made illegal in an artifactId/groupId?

Don't know this "extension mechanism" - what is it?
I have "com.myname" here in my inhouse repo without problems.

>>From the docs I understand that the <groupId> is especially used to
specify such prefixes like "org.apache" or "com.sun" etc.
So - the '.' should not be illegal?!?
--
Martin Skopp
Riege Software International GmbH
Support: mailto:maint@riege.com, Information: http://www.riege.com

This email is intended to be viewed with a nonproportional font.
Public Key on http://www.keyserver.net, Key-ID: 3D4027B5
Fingerprint: 1970 C78D 9A1D 99FA 5CE4  5C0D 29E6 6A95 3D40 27B5