Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Thiago Cristino dos Santos <th...@uol.com.br> on 2007/06/02 03:30:24 UTC

Corrupted BDB based repository

For more than two years I'm used several subversion repositories with
bdb file system. Periodically I made tar.gz copies of all repositories
for backup. After migrating from original machine (Athlon 1GHz, Debian
Woody) for a new one (AMD 64 X2, Debian Etch) I discovered that some
repositories are corrupted, with svnadmin recover crashing in a
segmentation fault.
I've tried several backups, and none of corrupted repositories  worked
again. There's some another way to recover then or I lost all my work?
Is BDB based file system reliable ?