Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Anton Rusanov <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/11 14:02:37 UTC

Keytool is done, JarSigner is next.

I'm happy to write this - Keytool is done and operative now. :)
It has the same functionality as the one from RI with some improvements.
In addition to what RI can do the Harmony Keytool is able to
 * generate X.509 certificates v2, v3.
 * sign a certificate with another key from the keystore
 * generate and manage secret keys
 * convert a keystore to another format
 * check certificate revocation status
 * verify a certificate chain
 * use specific providers for various purposes.

There is still a little problem with making an executable of the tool
in the build. So you can follow the steps to make it on your own:
1. copy deploy\jdk\jre\bin\java.exe to deploy\jdk\jre\bin\keytool.exe
2. copy deploy\jdk\lib\tools.jar into deploy\jdk\jre\bin\
3. run keytool.exe

I want to thank Mikhail for applying my patches.
I'm going to start work on JarSigner tool. Does anyone have objections
to me doing this?

Anton

Re: [tools] Re: Keytool is done, JarSigner is next.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Chicken... :)

geir

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
:)

Jigsaw works on DRLVM+classlib also

Jetty does not work yet, looking...

Thanks,
Mikhail

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Ivanov <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
Ok, sure.

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.
Side note :

Posted by Anton Rusanov <an...@gmail.com>.
The problem is in org.apache.harmony.crypto.utils.AlgNameMapper which
fails to set the mapping of the mentioned algorithm name to its OID. I
have filed a JIRA issue that fixes the problem.

Anton

Posted by Mikhail Loenko <ml...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anton,

Posted by Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@pobox.com>.