Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de> on 2002/05/17 21:28:42 UTC

map:views - what has been changed in C2.1-dev

I wonder what has been changed concerning the behavior of views (and
why!)
Now I get HTML-output where  I expect XML (and recently still got).
May this be the reason why the sample "searching the docs" doesn't work
anymore?
It looks like the LuceneIndexer is expecting XML-result from the
content-view
but it gets HTML, which it is ignoring.

Example (similar to the cocoon-documentation):
There is a generator without label ("serverpages-nolabel")
and a simple view to exit the pipeline and serialize the result as XML
("content").
And the goal is to omit head- and foot-parts and all
HTML-transformations in content-view
so that there is only the body-content with filter-3.xsl applied within
a <site/> root element.

Problem:
In the following pipeline the final transformation (<map:transform
src="site2HTML.xsl" />)
is executed in the content-view. But it should not. Or did I miss
something?

<map:view from-label="content" name="content">
	<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:view>
<map:match pattern="*/body-*/page_*.xml">
		<map:generate type="serverpages-nolabel" src="page-geneation.xsp"/>
		<map:transform src="filter-1.xsl" />
		<map:transform src="filter-2.xsl" />
		<map:transform src="filter-3.xsl label="content" />
		<map:transform src="content2HTML.xsl" />
		<map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="*/*/*.html">
	<map:aggregate element="site">
		<map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/head-{2}/{3}.xml"/>
		<map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/foot-{2}/{3}.xml"/>
		<map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/body-{2}/{3}.xml" label="content"/>
	</map:aggregate>
	<map:transform src="site2HTML.xsl" />
	<map:serialize />
</map:match>

Thanks!
/Leo

Re: New tutorial : Cocoon 2: Build database-driven sites

Posted by "Sreenivasan N." <sr...@ap.sony.com>.
Hello all

I tried to register for the same and could not log in. Can anyone provide
the file or any other location to access the same

Thanks in advance

Regards
Sreenivasan.

At 11:08 AM 5/31/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello all
>

>There's a new tutorial about Cocoon 2: Build database-driven sites by
>Leigh Dodds at IBM DevelopperWorks :
>
>http://www-105.ibm.com/developerworks/education.nsf/xml-onlinecourse-bytitle/AC994D2B8F0B85D086256BC1006B53AC?OpenDocument
>
>Olivier Guckert

"Attitudes are much more important than aptitudes."
"Nothing is impossible for a willing heart"

Sreenivasan N.
Sony SARD
Ext 232

Email. sreenivasan.n@ap.sony.com
Per: nsreenivasan@yahoo.com

New tutorial : Cocoon 2: Build database-driven sites

Re: map:views - what has been changed in C2.1-dev (rake up)

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
This should have better gotten to cocoon-dev ;-)

...yes - same behaviour here :-(

On Thursday 30 May 2002 16:54, leo leonid wrote:
> this is just a try to rake up this problem with view labels being
> ignored inside a aggregation.
> maybe now there is anyone who knows:
>
> is this a bug?
> 	-> is there a workaround?

I fear so...

> is this a new implementation of views?
> 	-> how/where should I now place the labels?

not that I am aware of... :-(

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: map:views - what has been changed in C2.1-dev (rake up)

Posted by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de>.
this is just a try to rake up this problem with view labels being
ignored inside a aggregation.
maybe now there is anyone who knows:

is this a bug?
	-> is there a workaround?

is this a new implementation of views?
	-> how/where should I now place the labels?

thanks.
/Leo

Posted by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de>.
Hi Sylvain,

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
leo leonid wrote:

> me again,
> I just noticed that some weeks ago there has been a discussion in the
> xml-cocoon-dev-list about future implementations of view labels. But I
> didn't find any solution or temporary workaround to get labels
> interpreted again inside an aggregation.

The main discussion was about branching to the view from the _last_
label matching the view and not the first one. But nothing has changed
yet. For aggregation, could please try to add 'abel="content" on
<map:aggregate> ?

> Are there any ideas? It would be great, for creating a search index of
> the documentation would be possible again.
> thanks
> /L
>

> On Friday, May 17, 2002, at 09:28  Uhr, leo leonid wrote:
>
>> I wonder what has been changed concerning the behavior of views (and
>> why!)
>> Now I get HTML-output where  I expect XML (and recently still got).
>> May this be the reason why the sample "searching the docs" doesn't
>> work anymore?
>> It looks like the LuceneIndexer is expecting XML-result from the
>> content-view
>> but it gets HTML, which it is ignoring.
>>
>> Example (similar to the cocoon-documentation):
>> There is a generator without label ("serverpages-nolabel")
>> and a simple view to exit the pipeline and serialize the result as
>> XML ("content").
>> And the goal is to omit head- and foot-parts and all
>> HTML-transformations in content-view
>> so that there is only the body-content with filter-3.xsl applied
>> within a <site/> root element.
>>
>> Problem:
>> In the following pipeline the final transformation (<map:transform
>> src="site2HTML.xsl" />)
>> is executed in the content-view. But it should not. Or did I miss
>> something?
>>
>> <map:view from-label="content" name="content">
>>     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>> </map:view>
>> <map:match pattern="*/body-*/page_*.xml">
>>         <map:generate type="serverpages-nolabel"
>> src="page-geneation.xsp"/>
>>         <map:transform src="filter-1.xsl" />
>>         <map:transform src="filter-2.xsl" />
>>         <map:transform src="filter-3.xsl label="content" />
>>         <map:transform src="content2HTML.xsl" />
>>         <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>> </map:match>
>>
>> <map:match pattern="*/*/*.html">
>>     <map:aggregate element="site">
>>         <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/head-{2}/{3}.xml"/>
>>         <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/foot-{2}/{3}.xml"/>
>>         <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/body-{2}/{3}.xml" label="content"/>
>>     </map:aggregate>
>>     <map:transform src="site2HTML.xsl" />
>>     <map:serialize />
>> </map:match>
>>

>> Thanks!
>> /Leo

Sylvain Wallez

Re: map:views - what has been changed in C2.1-dev

Posted by leo leonid <te...@leonid.de>.
me again,