Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2017/06/16 21:02:59 UTC

Re: IndexSchema uniqueKey is not stored

Markus: I'm 95% certain that as long as the uniqueKey (effectively) has
useDocValuesAsStored everything should still work and it's just the error
checking/warning that's broken -- if you want to test that out and file a
jira that would be helpful.

the one concern i have is that a deliberate choice (that i was not a
part of and disagree with) was made that useDocValuesAsStored="true"
should behave differently then stored="true" and thse fields do *NOT*
match globs in the fl.

So I'm pretty sure if your uniqueKey field is stored="false"
useDocValuesAsStored"true" something like 'fl=*,div(price,rating)' won't
return the uniqueKey.

maybe that's "ok" for end users, and they just have to know to ask for
'fl=id,*,...' explicitly, but i'm not sure if it will break any cloud
related shard requests.

: Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 15:34:54 +0000
: From: Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>
: To: solr-user <so...@lucene.apache.org>
: Subject: IndexSchema uniqueKey is not stored
:
: Hi,
:
: Moving over to docValues as stored field i got this:
: o.a.s.s.IndexSchema uniqueKey is not stored - distributed search and MoreLikeThis will not work
:
: But distributed and MLT still work.
:
: Is the warning actually obsolete these days?
:
: Regards,
: Markus
: