Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> on 2014/02/01 14:39:53 UTC

Re: Add new KVM hypervisor host into CloudStack

Hi Sugandh, Serge and Lucian,

Good day to you, and thank you for all your replies!

What I can conclude is that CPU is important to be exactly the same -- to
allow the capabilities of live VM instance migration from one host to
another. However, chassis and motherboard doesn't have to be the same --
it's normal to bring in better servers over time. Please CMIIW.

Will try ordering the server now and will update again if I encounter
further issues. Thanks!

Cheers.

Posted by Serge van Ginderachter <se...@vanginderachter.be>.
On 1 February 2014 14:39, Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> wrote:

> What I can conclude is that CPU is important to be exactly the same -- to
> allow the capabilities of live VM instance migration from one host to
> another.

Live migration I should have add to that. Offline migration shouldn't be a
problem.
Also note, KVM can be configured to support only a (common) subset of cpu
capabilities, to have a common base over all hosts.
​​

Posted by Serge van Ginderachter <se...@vanginderachter.be>.