Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chetan Pandey <cp...@BLUEsingapore.com> on 2006/08/29 08:51:59 UTC

sendRedirect in Struts

I have a JSP Page. As soon as control passes to it I want to redirect to an
action:

<%

response.sendRedirect("/loggingAction.do?function=login");

%>

But the problem is I get a message: "The requested resource (/loggingAction)
is not available."

It seems JSP/Servelt method sendRedirect doesn't recognize my
struts-config.xml declarations.

Is their a Struts version for response.sendRedirect(. . .) ?

All other Struts based tags work. Example

Works.

Thanks.

Chetan

Re: sendRedirect in Struts

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <br...@tariffenet.it>.
Chetan Pandey ha scritto:
> <%
>
> response.sendRedirect("/loggingAction.do?function=login");
>
> %>

This does not work if your webapp is not in the ROOT context (that is
the 99% of cases when developing).
Either use a relative path (i.e. remove the first '/') or use:

response.sendRedirect("/" + application.getServletContextName() + "/loggingAction.do?function=login");

HTH
Antonio