Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Emmanuel <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/08 17:24:29 UTC

MergeSegment but can not read them

I've merge few segments and then create five huge segments of 5Go each. I've
then re-index and copy locally the crawl.

Now every time i do a search i've got the following error:

10:16:39,490 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.nutch.searcher.FetchedSegments.getSummary(
FetchedSegments.java:159)
        at org.apache.nutch.searcher.FetchedSegments$SummaryThread.run(
FetchedSegments.java:177)
10:16:39,551 INFO  [NativeCodeLoader] Loaded the native-hadoop library

Does it mean anything to you ? any idea to help me ?
Do you know if we can have some huge segments like this or should we avoid
it ?

Re: MergeSegment but can not read them

Posted by Doğacan Güney <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 10/8/07, Emmanuel <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've merge few segments and then create five huge segments of 5Go each. I've
> then re-index and copy locally the crawl.
>
> Now every time i do a search i've got the following error:
>
> 10:16:39,490 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.apache.nutch.searcher.FetchedSegments.getSummary(
> FetchedSegments.java:159)
>         at org.apache.nutch.searcher.FetchedSegments$SummaryThread.run(
> FetchedSegments.java:177)
> 10:16:39,551 INFO  [NativeCodeLoader] Loaded the native-hadoop library
>

> Does it mean anything to you ? any idea to help me ?
> Do you know if we can have some huge segments like this or should we avoid
> it ?

Try "bin/nutch readseg -get <segment> <url>" to see if you can read
from the segment. If you can read it with readseg then the problem is
somewhere else.

--
Doğacan Güney