Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jeremy Peterson <jp...@acentek.net> on 2015/10/16 23:25:28 UTC

Cloudstack - Monitoring

We are looking at a new monitoring software for our corporate environment.  Management has requested that CloudStack and XenServer be added to that monitoring software.  One of the software titles we are looking at is DataDogHQ.

https://bigpanda.io/monitoringscape/

Does anyone use a 3rd party software to monitor process's in your cloudstack server farm and hypervisor?

jeremy

Re: Cloudstack - Monitoring

Posted by Douglas Land <ds...@looprock.com>.
Currently we're monitoring:
DB
Error Events Via API
Management JVMs
Overall Capacity
General Host Systems
Host Capacity
Host Hypervisor
Cloudstack System VMs

Most of it is just using 'off the shelf OSS components:

https://github.com/swisstxt/cloudstack-nagios
https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin:libvirt
https://github.com/sensu-plugins/sensu-plugins-java

@Rafael, are you guys not using any kind of config management?  If not, I'd
highly suggest it.

Re: Cloudstack - Monitoring

Posted by Dave Dunaway <da...@gmail.com>.
That is what automation is for. lol. Enabling and configuring SNMP is not a
huge task. Even on a 1000+ devices.

On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 9:20 PM, Rafael Weingärtner <

Re: Cloudstack - Monitoring

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremy,

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Cloudstack - Monitoring

Re: Cloudstack - Monitoring

Posted by Stephan Seitz <s....@secretresearchfacility.com>.

Re: Cloudstack - Monitoring

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
+1 for Zenoss - I¹m not directly involved like Andrew, but I did a POC a
couple years back and was impressed with features, ease of use, etc.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

On 18/10/2015 18:13, "Andrew Kirch" <tr...@trelane.net> wrote:

>Depends on the DSLAM brand, but we support any SNMPv2-MIBs out of the box.
>We have 2 Ubiquiti ZenPacks submitted by the community, and you can extend
>Zenoss further using Nagios plugins, or by writing your own ZenPacks.
>
>If you have further questions feel free to contact me on my work e-mail
>akirch@zenoss.com, as I'm pretty sure this isn't the Zenoss-Advertising
>mailing list, and I don't want to overstep :)
>
>Andrew
>
>On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Jeremy Peterson <jp...@acentek.net>
>wrote:
>
>> Currently we are 4 hypervisors
>> With about 30 VM's  between 18 VR's
>>
>> We are upgrading the corporate esx servers this year still so four more
>> servers will be moving to the CloudStack enviroment.
>>
>> CloudStack + XS = 0 licensing
>> ESX = $$$
>>
>> Like I mentioned before the VM's may or may not need monitoring as that
>> will only apply to us offering management to those customers.
>>
>> SaltStack is amazing and will do a lot of the deployment and automation
>> for us but yes Zenoss does look decent but I also need something that
>>can
>> check multiple DSLAM's, Valere's, even custom SNMP checks for Ubinquity
>> AP's being down.
>>
>> Jeremy

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

Re: Cloudstack - Monitoring

Posted by Andrew Kirch <tr...@trelane.net>.

Re: Cloudstack - Monitoring

Re: Cloudstack - Monitoring