Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Mohamed-Hassen Mami <mo...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/07 17:15:39 UTC

[COMDEV-118] My application for Gsoc 2015

Hello,

I am studying computer and data science with backgrounds in web
developement, dataviz, ML, Map Reduce and so on (my github:
https://github.com/Acen1991)

I am very interesting in creating the ML/deepLearning tutorial notebook in
Zepplin.
I would like to have more info about the project, the process and the
mentor in charge of this project.

Thank you very much

Acen

Re: [COMDEV-118] My application for Gsoc 2015

Posted by Mohamed-Hassen Mami <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the info about a strong proposal, it really helps

Posted by "Alex B." <ab...@nflabs.com>.
Hi,
have just added you to the wiki users, you should be able to edit.

Next step would be to start working on the proposal.

It is a good idea to post a first draft here for the discussion, also
please consider the details of this project posted
http://markmail.org/thread/apbl65gd5ovw5qpt and the ASF requirments for the
strong proposal http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html#applying-for-gsoc

Take care!

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 2:08 AM, Mohamed-Hassen Mami <
mohamedhassen.mami@gmail.com> wrote:

> Erratum: the first letter is lowercased

> mohamedhassen.mami@gmail.com
> >:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > My username is exactly Acen. Thank you for letting me know.

> >> Hey Acen,
> >>
> >> good to see you interested in the subject!
> >> I will be glad to help you with proposal and take care of mentoring this
> >> project.
> >>
> >> What is your ASF wiki username? We'd love to document all proposals here
> >> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZEPPELIN
> >>
> >> Will move general project scope discussion to a separate thread.

> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2015/help_page#7._How_does_the_program_work

> >> Zeppelin

> >> notebook
> the

> >> --
> >> --
> >> Kind regards,
> >> Alexander.

Kind regards,
Alexander.

Re: [COMDEV-118] My application for Gsoc 2015

Posted by Mohamed-Hassen Mami <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohamed-Hassen Mami <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Alex B." <ab...@nflabs.com>.
Hey Acen,

good to see you interested in the subject!
I will be glad to help you with proposal and take care of mentoring this
project.

What is your ASF wiki username? We'd love to document all proposals here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZEPPELIN

Will move general project scope discussion to a separate thread.

On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 4:05 AM, moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Acen,
>
> Thanks for your interest!
>
> You already read general process here
>
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2015/help_page#7._How_does_the_program_work
> ,
> right?
>
> I think Alexander can help more on process, who started idea that Zeppelin
> participating GSoC and created issue COMDEV-118.
>
> Best,
> moon
>

> On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 1:15 AM, Mohamed-Hassen Mami <
> mohamedhassen.mami@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am studying computer and data science with backgrounds in web
> > developement, dataviz, ML, Map Reduce and so on (my github:
> > https://github.com/Acen1991)
> >
> > I am very interesting in creating the ML/deepLearning tutorial notebook
> in
> > Zepplin.
> > I would like to have more info about the project, the process and the
> > mentor in charge of this project.
> >
> > Thank you very much
> >
> > Acen

Kind regards,
Alexander.

Re: [COMDEV-118] My application for Gsoc 2015

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi Acen,