Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Steffen Dziumbla <st...@googlemail.com> on 2013/07/22 17:13:53 UTC

Ivy without XML?

Hello, my name is Steffen and I'm an German Student in Computer Science.
I have to configure Ivy without XML. Everything should be done with Java.
Is there anyone who can help me and answer my questions?
A huge problem for me is, which classes are used by running ant?

Greetings

Steffen:)

Re: Ivy without XML?

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Le 23 juil. 2013 à 17:34, David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I think this is the documentaiton you're looking for: http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/standalone.html This documents how to call the various tasks with out using Ant and the Ivy Ant tasks. However, you'll need XML files for such things as the ivy.xml file and the ivysettings.xml file anyway. This is just how Ivy reads and  understands its data. You don't need the Ivy Ant tasks, and an Ant build.xml file, but if you delve into the source code, you'll probably see it needs its settings files in XML format.

Actually the settings (ivysettings.xml) and the module descriptor (ivy.xml) can also be created in pure Java. It is far simpler to use the xml syntax, but it is doable in pure Java. By the way, creating them in pure Java is the job of the XML parsers. See XmlModuleDescriptorParser and XmlSettingsParser.

Nicolas

Re: Ivy without XML?

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Ivy without XML?