Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jeremy Levy <je...@meetmoi.com> on 2007/08/07 17:42:54 UTC

Wicket Developer Needed

About Us:

MeetMoi is a venture capital-funded start up focused on location-based web
and mobile phone applications based in New York City.  We are primarily a
Java shop and are looking for smart and motivated Java developers to join
our team.

Lately, we've been picked up by a number of prominent news sources:

Today Show:
http://video.msn.com/v/us/fv/fv.htm??g=106cc6e6-0647-4a49-8697-ced4f89a602b&f=34&fg=rss
ABC News: http://www.abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=3404757&page=1
Wall Street Journal:
http://meetmoi.com/static/MeetMoi_WSJ_Article_06-06-2007.pdf
See others at: http://meetmoi.com/1/meetmoi/press

The Job:

We want someone who wants to be involved and contribute in all aspects from
design to implementation.  If you are coding from a design document and you
don't think it makes sense or you have a better way, you're expected to
speak up.  If you think it would be really cool to add a feature, we want to
know about it and will support you in making it. We don't want someone who
will sit in the corner all day and bang out code based on an engraved stone
specification.

You should be ridiculously smart and the kind of person who just gets things
done.

The Technology:

Experience with Java and it's related technologies is a must.  You don't
need to be an expert in all the technologies below, but you do need a
working knowledge of them.

Platform:

- Apache
- Tomcat
- JBoss
- MySQL
- Linux

Specific Java Technologies

- J2EE
- Wicket (http://wicket.apache.org)

The following will help us with our decision:

- Have you ever written Java of a protocols RFC?
- Do you enjoy creating systems that are automated, self-healing, robust,
and scalable?
- Do you write little programs that make your day-to-day life easier?
- Do you have a passion for building things?

If you have NEVER heard of the following technologies, you might want to
read up before sending us anything:

- Log4j
- Subversion
- NetBeans
- JMS
- DOM/SAX
- Regex
- Ant / Maven

Our Culture:

We are a very tight-knit team.  We like to have fun, and I promise you will
too. Our environment would best be described as organized chaos, things move
fast.  We pride ourselves on being nimble.

Other Details

- Work experience required.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- During the interview we'll give you some simple coding problems.
- Position is in our office in New York City.

If any of this sounds interesting to you, send me your resume.