Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/27 03:12:28 UTC

Question for edit log retain

Hi Dear all,

I have some confusion for edit log retain,

NNStorageRetentionManager.java:

1)
purgeCheckpointsOlderThan()
  What's mean of check point here?

2)purgeOldStorage()
  I cannot understand the calculation of minimum txid, I think I can
understand it if I know these keys indicates.
DFS_NAMENODE_NUM_CHECKPOINTS_RETAINED_KEY
DFS_NAMENODE_NUM_EXTRA_EDITS_RETAINED_KEY
DFS_NAMENODE_MAX_EXTRA_EDITS_SEGMENTS_RETAINED_KEY

Can any developer give me a short detail explanation? Thanks much.

Re: Question for edit log retain

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
That's detailed. Thanks ATM.

Posted by "Aaron T. Myers" <at...@cloudera.com>.