Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com> on 2015/06/23 23:57:33 UTC

Jira access for new committer

Hello all,

Thanks to your support I am now a new committer and would like to get the ball rolling. I have subscribed to all the mailing lists and followed the various ASF committer/developer docs.

I have also done my first SVN commit adding myself to the Maven parent as requested...

Now one thing I have not seen documented anywhere is how JIRA setup works. It seems like no single sign on to JIRA is set up or at least I am missing how that is supposed to work.

I already have an account and e.g. created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNGSITE-241 with it. However as a committer I would like to be able to close issues, assign issues to myself and so on.

Anyone know what I have to do to either get the simpligility account configured with more access rights (adding some roles) so I can manage manage JIRA issue for site, plugins, core and so on or otherwise how to access an account linked to my new mmoser@apache.org account.

More questions to come in separate emails ;-)

Manfred

Re: Jira access for new committer

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.
Barrie Treloar wrote on 23.06.2015 20:25:

> On 24 June 2015 at 07:27, Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com> wrote:
>

> Now that we are on Apache infrastructure any instructions that existed will
> be out of date and needing some love and attention.

Fair enough. Thing is .. I did not even find outdated instructions. And I am happy to help updating them. I know my way around JIRA enough to take care of things as administrator .. but who  actually has administrative access to raise my access rights?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@mosabuam.com>.
Thanks Brian. That worked and allowed me to close my first issue after fixing it ;-)

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 24 June 2015 at 07:27, Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com> wrote:

> Anyone know what I have to do to either get the simpligility account
> configured with more access rights (adding some roles) so I can manage
> manage JIRA issue for site, plugins, core and so on or otherwise how to
> access an account linked to my new mmoser@apache.org account.

This is something the PMC need to do, and I think that is Brian Fox, for
configuring your permissions.

The onboarding process needs some better documentation.