Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jim Lynch <jw...@sgi.com> on 2003/06/04 18:09:13 UTC

[users@httpd] Can cgi files without extensions be executed?

We're trying to convert a user from Netscape Fastrack to Apache and
they've got a boatload of existing cgi scripts that have no extensions.
(.pl or .cgi etc.)  Is there anyway to configure Apache to let those
script run?  The doc for the AddHandler option doesn't seem to mention
it.

Thanks,
Jim.

Re: [users@httpd] Can cgi files without extensions be executed?

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.
Jim Lynch wrote:
> Thanks.  It's Unix.  We used  SetHandler in the <Directory>  section.
> That worked fine, except all the .gif files had to be moved somewhere
> else, but that was a satisfactory solution for them.
>
> Jim.
<snip>

The best place for your cgi and pl scripts is a cgi-bin (ScriptAlias is
your friend in this case) if you can manage the minor remake of the
directory structure. If not, then SetHandler works too.

and the -4 Shield of No Spell Checker

Re: [users@httpd] Can cgi files without extensions be executed?

Posted by Jim Lynch <jw...@sgi.com>.

RE: [users@httpd] httpd could not be started (just working)

Posted by Dani <mc...@wanadoo.es>.
Sorry. It's just working. I found the problem. Thanks

Posted by Joseph A Nagy Jr <jo...@charter.net>.