Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Mary Thompson <mr...@lbl.gov> on 2008/10/14 07:11:38 UTC

WS-security policy signing algorithm vs dsa keys

When I was using the rampart basic security specification, I was able to
use either rsa or dsa keys for signatures. Since I switched to ws-policy
the algorithmSuite apparently can only be selected from a fixed set
defined in the ws-security policy section 6.1 and none of those specify
dsa keys. Is this correct, that I can no longer use dsa keys?

Does anyone  have a pointer to a primer style explanation (on-line or
book) of ws-security policy? I am finding that just the specification
and a handful of rampart/ws02 examples raises more questions than answers.

Thanks, Mary