Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Enrico Silterra <es...@cornell.edu> on 2006/07/03 17:15:17 UTC

axis engine 'runs' from ? HELP!! axis1.4

I am trying to deploy a service into a
axis engine that is running within another webapp.

But I don't know the meaning of the phrase 'axis engine "runs" from'

the hierarchy looks something like:

webapps/Glunk/
and the axis servlet is defined as:

     <servlet-mapping>
         <servlet-name>XXXServlet</servlet-name>
         <url-pattern>/xearch/*</url-pattern>
     </servlet-mapping>

  <servlet>
     <servlet-name>XXXServlet</servlet-name>
     <servlet-class>
         ORG.oclc.os.xxx.XXXServlet
     </servlet-class>
     <init-param>
       <param-name>PropertiesFile</param-name>
       <param-value>/resources/XX/XXXServer.properties</param-value>
     </init-param>
     <!--load-on-startup>100</load-on-startup-->
   </servlet>
and the XXXServlet.java is derived from AxisServlet.

so, that
.../Glunk/xearch

gives you the listing of available services.

If I try to run using the Client deploy:
libdev: ./deploy.sh  org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient
-lhttp://www.edu:8080/Glunk/xearch -ddd  xxx_deploy.wsdd
Processing file xxx_deploy.wsdd
Exception: AxisFault
  faultSubcode:
  faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: SimpleDeserializer encountered a
child element, which is NOT expected, in something it was trying to
deserialize.
  faultActor:
  faultNode:
  faultDetail:
         {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:libdev

But this is the same deploy file I was using when using the standalong axis
engine.
I don't understand the error message, of the client deploy,
and I can't figure out where to run the 'local' deploy.

HELP!!!!

Rick