Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Farrukh Najmi <fa...@wellfleetsoftware.com> on 2012/05/08 16:29:14 UTC

Re: maven-assembly-plugin causing modules in multi-module project being build twice

I have confirmed that my weird problem of building the multi-module
project a second time is happening due to the maven-assembly-plugin.
If I configure the pom for last (problem) modules to not bind
maven-assembly-plugin to any goal then the build happens once and all is
well.

So what would cause the maven-assembly-plugin to build my multi-module
project again? Note that a few of the sub-modules of the root / parent
pom are also dependencies of the module with the maven-assembly-plugin
and used in <dependencySets> of the assembly.xml file.

On 05/08/2012 09:21 AM, Farrukh Najmi wrote:

> [...]
>         at
> org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
>         ... 23 more
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration cannot be cast to
> org.apache.xerces.xni.parser.XMLParserConfiguration
>         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl.newSAXParser(Unknown Source)
>         at
> com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.resolver.readers.SAXCatalogReader.readCatalog(SAXCatalogReader.java:238)
>         at
> com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.resolver.Catalog.parseCatalog(Catalog.java:680)
>         at
> com.sun.xml.ws.util.xml.XmlUtil.createEntityResolver(XmlUtil.java:270)
>         at
> com.sun.tools.ws.wscompile.WsimportOptions.parseArguments(WsimportOptions.java:207)
>         at
> com.sun.tools.ws.wscompile.WsimportOptions.parseArguments(WsimportOptions.java:149)
>         at
> com.sun.tools.ws.wscompile.WsimportTool.run(WsimportTool.java:167)
>         at
> org.codehaus.mojo.jaxws.WsImportMojo.wsImport(WsImportMojo.java:274)
>         at
> org.codehaus.mojo.jaxws.WsImportMojo.processLocalWsdlFiles(WsImportMojo.java:236)
>         at
> org.codehaus.mojo.jaxws.WsImportMojo.execute(WsImportMojo.java:191)
>         ... 26 more
>
> The last module is really just to perform an assembly of a zip file
> from artifacts in various other modules using maven-assembly-plugin.
> When I inspect the log (with -X option on) I see something strange
> that I cannot explain. For some reason it seems that the building of
> the last module  is causing the root / parent pom module to be rebuilt
> all over again causing its sub-modules to be rebuilt as well. This
> would normally be an infinite recursive problem but for the exception
> that is encountered when building the first sub-module regrep-bindings
> during the unexpected second time build.
>
> If I rebuild the last module using the -rf (resume from) option of
> maven then it builds just fine.
>
> The log file (with -X option) is available here:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/blsdone
>
> The questionable part of the log can be found by searching for "[INFO]
> Forking" in the log file. It is unclear why that project is being
> forked during the maven-assembly-plugin execution during the build of
> the last module.
>
> Can any one please help me figure this one out? Thanks.

Farrukh Najmi

Web: http://www.wellfleetsoftware.com

Re: maven-assembly-plugin causing modules in multi-module project being build twice

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> So what would cause the maven-assembly-plugin to build my multi-module
> project again? Note that a few of the sub-modules of the root / parent pom
> are also dependencies of the module with the maven-assembly-plugin and used
> in <dependencySets> of the assembly.xml file.

What do your pom.xml and assembly.xml configuration files look like?
Post them at Gist and send us a link.

Wayne