Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Desbois Arnaud <Ar...@thomson.net> on 2007/11/28 19:15:00 UTC

[S2.1] dojo plugin customization

In Struts 2.1, how I can customize the widget dojo look?

Can I create a custom Dojo profile (like
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2WIKI/Creating+a+custom+Dojo
+profile+for+Struts+2.0.x)?

What is the best solution to customize (the CSS in fact) the dojo
widgets?

Regards

Arnaud

Re: [S2.1] dojo plugin customization

Posted by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au>.
Desbois Arnaud wrote:
> In Struts 2.1, how I can customize the widget dojo look?

The simplest approach is to override the css.  Using the web developer
toolbar and firebug you'll be able to inspect the CSS and make alterations.
> Can I create a custom Dojo profile (like
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2WIKI/Creating+a+custom+Dojo
> +profile+for+Struts+2.0.x)?

Yes.  The profile has already been optimized though.  The instructions
are included with the plugin's source:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/struts/struts2/trunk/plugins/dojo/src/profile/README?view=markup
> What is the best solution to customize (the CSS in fact) the dojo
> widgets?

The easiest solution is to override only the css that needs to be changed.
For a consistent look-and-feel, the you can create your own css files
that are bundled with the widgets.  You'll find more information about
that on the dojo site

Hope that helps,
Jeromy Evans