Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Vijendra_Malhotra <Vi...@satyam.com> on 2001/05/29 09:52:46 UTC

Xecrses and Windows

hi,
i am to port an application using xerces (java) to windows. now is there
xerces avaible that I can use with COM ?

Vijendra Malhotra
GE-GLASS
Harsha Towers
7846101 - 5644

Re: Xecrses and Windows

Posted by "John J. Berkenpas" <jo...@ivorytower.com>.
i know this is late and you may already have found it but there is
reference on the Apache XML Project home page to a COM wrapper for
xerces-c that is compatible with microsnot's parser. i just now noticed
it and remembered your post so...

RE: Xecrses and Windows

Posted by Brad O'Hearne <br...@neurofire.com>.
Xecrses and WindowsPorting a Java app to Windows?  Since Xerces and Java
apps in general work on Windows, I suppose what you are really saying is you
are porting out of Java to another language in which you are using COM as
the component architecture.  (I hope you aren't implying that you are using
J++ -- if so, I would advise rethinking this if you can...J++ is dead, and
there is little to no support on it).  If you are porting out of Java, then
you should probably be looking at switching to the MSXML objects.
Basically, as soon as you are in the MS world, the answer for basically
everything is at http://msdn.microsoft.com.  Not to get religious here, but
MS doesn't issue specifications, they issue implementations, which means
that most (if not all) framework-type pieces for a software app are going to
come directly from MS, rather from a third party.  As another idea, you
could COM-wrap Xerces, but that might be more trouble than its worth.

Now having said that, I will have to defer to one of the experts on the
Apache projects...perhaps the C++ version has a COM implementation
somewhere.

BradO