Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Chris Winters <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/15 21:50:50 UTC

docs on coexisting MP1 and MP2?

I've been scouring the MP2 docs but can't find out whether I can have
MP1 and MP2 safely installed on the same machine. Does anything exist
on this?

Why I'm asking: I've got MP 1.29 and 2.0.2-RC2 installed, plus the
latest libapreq2. When trying to install libapreq 1.33 (for MP1) I'm
getting the message:

----------
libapreq-1.33 # perl Makefile.PL
mod_perl 1.x ( < 1.99) is required at Makefile.PL line 34.
----------

Thanks,

Chris

Re: docs on coexisting MP1 and MP2?

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>I'm still a little curious if there are any pitfalls to having both
>>installed on the same machine
>

> there shouldn't be, provided you use a recent version and don't override the
> checks in Makefile.PL.
The only big gotcha I can think of would be constants if you want the same script to run under mp1 and mp2.
Look for Constants Co-Existance on the docs site.

--
END
                 Nothing is impossible.

Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/
   http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com
        http://www.liquidation.com
        http://www.uksurplus.com
        http://www.govliquidation.com
        http://www.gowholesale.com

Re: docs on coexisting MP1 and MP2?

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
> I'm still a little curious if there are any pitfalls to having both
> installed on the same machine

there shouldn't be, provided you use a recent version and don't override the
checks in Makefile.PL.

--Geoff

Re: docs on coexisting MP1 and MP2?

Posted by Chris Winters <ch...@gmail.com>.
On 10/15/05, Chris Winters <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been scouring the MP2 docs but can't find out whether I can have
> MP1 and MP2 safely installed on the same machine. Does anything exist
> on this?
>
> Why I'm asking: I've got MP 1.29 and 2.0.2-RC2 installed, plus the
> latest libapreq2. When trying to install libapreq 1.33 (for MP1) I'm
> getting the message:
>
> ----------
> libapreq-1.33 # perl Makefile.PL
> mod_perl 1.x ( < 1.99) is required at Makefile.PL line 34.

Of course, once I posted I found the answer in the form of a patch
from Stas to Makefile.PL here:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=111569421220736&w=4

With that libapreq-1.33 builds a-OK.

I'm still a little curious if there are any pitfalls to having both
installed on the same machine but I don't want to revist any namespace
wars or anything. (Those are dead and gone, right?)

Chris