Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Kenneth Fogel <kf...@dawsoncollege.qc.ca> on 2019/06/13 16:28:03 UTC

Gazillion (exaggeration) Build Warnings

Hi,

I am building NB from the current code in the repository. Its about a half hour job on my Windows machine and is going on while I type this. I am curious about the numerous build warnings. There are thousands. I know if I gave my students code to build and there were numerous warnings they would freak out. I know I can ignore them but is there not a process to slowly clean these up? I understand that fixing this is risky and many of the warnings are compiler based such as "unchecked" or "deprecated". I just want to learn more about how major projects are maintained over time.

Ken

Re: Re: Gazillion (exaggeration) Build Warnings

Posted by Brad Walker <bw...@musings.com>.
Hey look, I'm listed at the top of the list.. 8-)

I did submit a pull request for that one..

FYI.

-brad w.

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brad Walker <bw...@musings.com>.