Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by 黄 海冬 <li...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/16 09:13:46 UTC

[woody]display error after upgrade to 2.1.4.It may be a new bug?

  I Upgrade to 2.1.4 today and then I found my found can't display.the
problem is obviously occour when tranform using woody-samples-styling.xsl.
  In 2.1.3,my form define cotain simplified Chinese so it will throw an
exception like "Attempt to output character of integral value 21516 that is
not represented in specified output encoding of .",I check mail list achive
and found it is a xalan 2.5.2's bug,so I change transformer to xsltc,the
problem solved.
  But after I upgrade to 2.1.4 today,I found this error occor
again,exception is the same,and colsole print:
"resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom/fom_system.js",
line 4: uncaught JavaScript exception:
at flow (file:/C:/My
Documents/IBM/wsad/workspace/PowerOA/WebContent/gtt/apps/common/forms/flow.js,
Line 43)
at  (resource://org/apache/cocoon/woody/flow/javascript/woody2.js, Line
137)
at
(resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/fom/fom_system.js,
Line 4):
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Unable to get transformer handler
for file:/C:/My
Documents/IBM/wsad/workspace/PowerOA/WebContent/gtt/common/form/woody-samples-styling.xsl:
org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in creating
Transform Handler

So I change transformer back to xslt and xalan ,the same error occor:
Original Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.NullPointerException

	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3411)

	at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java:427)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:91)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.transformation.TraxTransformer.endDocument(TraxTransformer.java:583)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.AbstractXMLPipe.endDocument(AbstractXMLPipe.java:91)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.woody.transformation.EffectPipe$Output.copy(EffectPipe.java:287)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.woody.transformation.EffectWidgetReplacingPipe$DocHandler.process(EffectWidgetReplacingPipe.java:287)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.woody.transformation.EffectPipe.endDocument(EffectPipe.java:421)

	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.sax.XMLTeePipe.endDocument(XMLTeePipe.java:102)

  I think it may be still the xalan 2.5.2's bug ,so I downgrade xalan to
2.5.1,the same error.
  I check the woody-samples-styling.xsl file ,change <xsl:include
href="woody-advanced-field-styling.xsl"/> to <xsl:include
href="woody-field-styling.xsl"/>,every thing back to normal,so I believe is
the woody-advanced-field-styling.xsl that wrong,but I can't found where is
the key problem. I delete almost everything but :
  <xsl:import href="woody-field-styling.xsl"/>
  <xsl:include href="woody-calendar-styling.xsl"/>
  <!-- Location of the resources directory, where JS libs and icons are
stored -->
  <xsl:param name="resources-uri">resources</xsl:param>
Error still occour,but if I delete  <xsl:param
name="resources-uri">resources</xsl:param> and   <xsl:template match="*">
    <xsl:apply-imports/>
  </xsl:template>
the page appear thought it looks strange.I can just trace the error in this
level,hope someone knows how to solve.

roy huang
lingererhuang@hotmail.com

免费下载 MSN Explorer:   http://explorer.msn.com/lccn

Re: [woody]display error after upgrade to 2.1.4.It may be a new bug?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 17.02.2004 00:54, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I think I had similar problems. Woody is working fine now. The solution was:
>
> 1- Put the new Xerces parser in endorsed dir
> 2- If you use Tomcat, then another tip is to remove the work directory to
> avoid problems.

A Xerces issue *wonder*? That would be really strange, but of course not
impossible, somewhat interesting. I would really like to know if this
helps (build clean, cleaning the work dir and so on). This could also
explain why it works for me as I did a build clean in the meantime and
use still Cocoon's Jetty (with work dir cleaning on start up).

Joerg

Re: [woody]display error after upgrade to 2.1.4.It may be a new bug?

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi:

I think I had similar problems. Woody is working fine now. The solution was:

1- Put the new Xerces parser in endorsed dir
2- If you use Tomcat, then another tip is to remove the work directory to
avoid problems.

Hope this help.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.