Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Miguel Pereira <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/05 19:13:23 UTC

Easy Tickets

Hi guys,

I am looking to get involved with Accumulo. Do you all have any suggestions
for wrapping my head around the code base? Also is  there anything easy,
like hello world easy, I could start on?

Cheers,
Miguel

Re: Easy Tickets

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Miguel!

As a starting place, the design section of the 1.5 manual is a good
overview of major components and how they interact at a high level[1].

>From there, you should definitely go through the "getting involved" page
and [2] and developers guide[3]. Finally, use the dev guide to work through
a full initial build - test - demo instance cycle. I'd recommend doing this
off of a recent stable release so that you know things are supposed to work
out of the box. (e.g. you can replace the trunk checkout with a checkout of
the 1.5.0 release tag[4])

After that, take a look through the tickets labeled "newbie" for anything
that catches your interest. There are all issues that existing project
members have flagged as good for those getting started int he code base.

HTH

-Sean

[1]:
http://accumulo.apache.org/1.5/accumulo_user_manual.html#_accumulo_design