Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2003/03/24 18:53:47 UTC

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/resources/targetdocs - New directory

stephan@apache.org wrote:
> stephan     2003/03/22 08:44:07
>
>   cocoon-2.1/src/resources/targetdocs - New directory

Hmmm, I don't want to rain on the party here, but those diagrams are
useless if they can't be automated as they tend to be obsolete in hours!

a build.xml -> svg stylesheet would be waaaay cool :)

or even using antdoc which is pretty neat.

But please don't commit hand-drawn diagrams or they'll do more harm than
good later on.

Stefano.

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/resources/targetdocs - New directory

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 24/03/2003 18.53:
>
>> stephan@apache.org wrote:
>>
>>> stephan     2003/03/22 08:44:07
>>>
>>>   cocoon-2.1/src/resources/targetdocs - New directory
>>

>> Hmmm, I don't want to rain on the party here, but those diagrams are
>> useless if they can't be automated as they tend to be obsolete in hours!
>>
>> a build.xml -> svg stylesheet would be waaaay cool :)
>>
>> or even using antdoc which is pretty neat.
>

> Vizant :-)  (I'm one of the developers)
> http://vizant.sourceforge.net/
>
> The CVS version outputs to an xml file that gets transformed to dot
> (->graphics), html or Touchgraph (applet).

Uh, supercool!

> Shall I set it up? Where shall it write the results?

why don't you create another target alongside javadoc and idldoc? We can
then try it out or include it into our samples if we want.

Stefano.

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/resources/targetdocs - New directory

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 24/03/2003 18.53:
> stephan@apache.org wrote:
>
>> stephan     2003/03/22 08:44:07
>>
>>   cocoon-2.1/src/resources/targetdocs - New directory
>

> Hmmm, I don't want to rain on the party here, but those diagrams are
> useless if they can't be automated as they tend to be obsolete in hours!
>
> a build.xml -> svg stylesheet would be waaaay cool :)
>
> or even using antdoc which is pretty neat.

Vizant :-)  (I'm one of the developers)
http://vizant.sourceforge.net/

The CVS version outputs to an xml file that gets transformed to dot
(->graphics), html or Touchgraph (applet).

Shall I set it up? Where shall it write the results?

> But please don't commit hand-drawn diagrams or they'll do more harm than
> good later on.>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/resources/targetdocs - New directory

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> stephan@apache.org wrote:
> > stephan     2003/03/22 08:44:07
> >
> >   cocoon-2.1/src/resources/targetdocs - New directory
>
> Hmmm, I don't want to rain on the party here, but those diagrams are
> useless if they can't be automated as they tend to be obsolete in hours!

:-) These files were only to understand the dependecies.

> a build.xml -> svg stylesheet would be waaaay cool :)
> or even using antdoc which is pretty neat.

Yes. Don't you written an applet, which shows dependencies between email
conversations from the list?

> But please don't commit hand-drawn diagrams or they'll do more harm than
> good later on.

Yes yes...

Stephan.