Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com> on 2018/11/08 20:39:34 UTC

[VOTE] Release fulcrum-yaafi-crypto 1.0.7 based on staged repository

Hello Turbine devs,

I know this one was a bit of a pain, but I finally got it working! Thank you everyone for your help.

A release candidate for the Fulcrum yaafi-crypto component, version
1.0.7 has been prepared. It contains updates to utilize the new Turbine 5 parent pom,
junit 4.12, removal of references to StringBuffer and a simplification
of the HexConverter methods that are more Java 8 friendly.

Please verify this release candidate carefully and vote.

Tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/turbine/fulcrum/tags/fulcrum-yaafi-crypto-1.0.7

Artifacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheturbine-1035

[ ] +1 release it
[ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
[ ] -1 no, do not release it because

--

Jeff Painter

Re: Antwort: Re: [VOTE] Release fulcrum-yaafi-crypto 1.0.7 based on staged repository

Posted by Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>.
Thanks Georg,

I am happy with whatever the group decides in terms of policy.  I agree
that between the three of us who are most active on turbine, there are
often times where one or all of us are busy with our day jobs and just
can't get to it testing everyone's changes.

I am happy to let this one wait until I return on the Nov-26 in order to
allow Thomas time to vote.

In the meantime, I will check out your logging changes today and do a
quick review.

Thanks!
Jeff

Von:    Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>
An:     dev@turbine.apache.org
Datum:  15.11.2018 13:48
Betreff:        Re: [VOTE] Release fulcrum-yaafi-crypto 1.0.7 based on

Posted by Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>.

Re: Re: [VOTE] Release fulcrum-yaafi-crypto 1.0.7 based on staged repository

Posted by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.

Von:    Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>
An:     dev@turbine.apache.org
Datum:  08.11.2018 22:13

Posted by Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>.

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release fulcrum-yaafi-crypto 1.0.7 based on staged repository

Posted by Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>.
Hi all,

The result is that the the component will be released.

[binding]
+1 - Georg Kallidis
+1 - Thomas Vandahl
+1 - Jeffery Painter

Addressing Thomas's concerns:

1. Deprecation is coming from one of the test cases calling code in this
component that is deprecated. CryptoUtil.copy() method, so I think all
is OK there.

2. When I verified the signature, it looks good to me.  Please let me
know if you are seeing something different than below.

painter@merlin:~/$ gpg --list-secret-key
/home/painter/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
--------------------------------
sec   rsa4096 2018-09-25 [SC] [expires: 2023-09-24]
      F325EA8120E1E588FC5EC9A9207EE518D34FA936
uid           [ultimate] Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>
uid           [ultimate] Jeffery Painter (CODE SIGNING KEY)
<pa...@apache.org>
ssb   rsa4096 2018-09-25 [E] [expires: 2023-09-24]

painter@merlin:~/$ gpg --verify fulcrum-yaafi-crypto-1.0.7-bin.zip.asc
gpg: assuming signed data in 'fulcrum-yaafi-crypto-1.0.7-bin.zip'
gpg: Signature made Thu 08 Nov 2018 03:17:11 PM EST
gpg:                using RSA key F325EA8120E1E588FC5EC9A9207EE518D34FA936
gpg: Good signature from "Jeffery Painter <je...@jivecast.com>" [ultimate]
gpg:                 aka "Jeffery Painter (CODE SIGNING KEY)
<pa...@apache.org>" [ultimate]

3. I updated the NOTICE.txt in the tagged version, and I also double
checked all the other fulcrum components as well.

I have released the artifacts from Nexus and continuing to follow
Georg's notes on how to finalize the release. Thank you for all your
help (and votes)!

--
Jeffery

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.