Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com> on 2014/06/19 22:22:18 UTC

SLIDER-151 REST API changes

In https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLIDER-151 I'm planning a REST API
to replace the IPC API we have today.

I'm doing a quick review and purge of the IPC API first so we know what to
not implement. All the query operations will go to GET, with DELETE actions
to drop containers.

Slider AM operations: stop, suicide (for testing), flex are all POSTs. They
aren't really PUTs, you don't want GETs, and while I could make a couple
DELETE, I just thought I'd be consistent

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE